Welcome to my Haven...grab a cup of hot tea or coco and see what's up today!

Welcome to my Haven...grab a cup of hot tea or coco and see what's up today!
I Live in a Witches World of Broomsticks and Magick!


May All Your Angels Be Wicked Good!

Thursday, December 08, 2016

Busy December so far...

Selene's Fox quilt
 I've been a busy Elf the past couple of weeks getting things ready for Christmas. I make all my gifts to my family every year, with an odd store bought present rarely. That isn't including stocking stuffers and candy. I love doing it and have fun making them even if I'm up til Christmas Eve doing last minute stuff. This year I started earlier because I have so many to make for with all the new Grandbabies. The quilt at the top is one I finished this past week. It has a matching pillow to it also.
Selene's Bibs
 I made bibs for all the girls for Christmas and my Daughter asked for the ones above to be cloth instead of crocheted. So, I learned how to cut out a bib with no pattern. They have batting, and flannel backing. They are Free-motion quilted & I used the pillow-case method instead of binding. I also sewed on velcro. I think they turned out really cute.
Fox pillow
 The fox pillow has the same backing as the quilt does. Next I made a pair of Uggs booties for Isabella. I used the same yarn that I used for her hat, headband and Minnie blanket.
Isabella's Uggs booties
 Next I made the dress set for Carly my first time ever crocheting a dress, or diaper cover. I learned a lot making them and think they came out really nice with the added touch of the ribbon bow.
Carly's lion booties and dress set.
 Like I wrote earlier I was making bibs for the girls these I crocheted. I made Carly's a bit smaller since she is only a couple of months old.
Carly's Christmas bib
I used Christmas colors and sewed on a crocheted Santa cookie. I like the way they came out.
Isabella's Christmas bib
Then I seen an ornament I just had to make for the tree and to take a bit of a break from presents. When I posted it on my FB page my friend really liked it and ask me to make him one so I did and mailed it out yesterday so it gets there before Christmas. It is a free pattern here if you would like to make one Crochet S'more Ornament
Smore's Ornament
 Ryan like's Hearthstone so I made an ornament for him. it was a free key-chain pattern on Ravelry.
Hearthstone ornament
Then I made this Link ornament for my daughter, there are a couple more to the set but she will get them later.
Link ornament
 Now I'm working on the matching dress for Isabella will do the border of it in blue like the booties
Isabella's dress in the making
 I was in a cookie swap so yesterday I made a batch of Chocolate Chip Brownie cookies with walnuts in them.
 first time making them and Hubby said they came out great. I packed them out and mailed them out today. So really glad I did as Hubby ate the rest and I only got 1 lol
Besides the Dress I'm working on now, I only have about 5 more gifts to make. I think I might be done before Christmas Eve this year and can then work on my MM CAL. It is supposed to be really cold tomorrow and this weekend here in Florida so I know it is freezing for everyone else. Stay warm & safe please.
Hope everyone has a Blessed Week!
Huggs,
Cleary

No comments:

Updating my pages and blog

  Ive been testing out my embroidery machine after 3 years of not using it and getting it back. I'm going to be able to make Angels and ...